Okay, so obviously I have been MIA! With the start of volleyball season, school, and teaching Sunbeams (4 year olds for church)...my life has been a little hectic...stressful even.
I need some place to rant and complain...but uplift all at the same time...so here I find myself.
This past year I have been teaching primary with my husband. It has been such a blessing to be able to serve with him teaching the 4 year olds. Recently he was called to serve with the scouts and I was left alone...there were even a few Sundays that I asked-why am I here? Thanks to a couple of smiles (Thank you Melissa and Alicia) I was able to hang on and push forward. It was getting overwhelming because kids who weren't in my class were sitting in my row, distracting and bugging those I had. I was using all my energy to control the others...and left with hardly any energy to help my own class. Well folks...today I was released as a Sunbeam teacher...and suddenly jerked into reality moments later when asked to teach nursery.
Now seriously...who does that to someone. There may be those of you out there who would jump at the opportunity to serve Sunbeams and Nursery back to back, but I assure you I am not one of those. Emotionally exhausted from this beginning of this school year and the Sunbeam situation, I thought...there is no way Heavenly Father thinks I can handle this. I mean, come on guys--I don't have any kids of my own. Selfishly I thought..why can't I enjoy my time with no children clinging to me knees, crying out not to be left in primary, or smashing cheerios into the carpet beneath the benches?!
Now friends, this does not mean I don't like your children-I do. There are just a few who make it difficult...and I thought I deserved a break...at least for a month to get to know grown-ups. I teach 14 year old for a living...I coach 14-18 year olds for a living...and I've taught 4 year olds every Sunday since last September (which by the way...I taught 5 year olds at my previous ward for the previous 2 years). I love children, but I also love being able to fill spiritually uplifted after church...kind of hard when you're teaching that you're grateful for animals to kids who want to act like animals :)
I willingly accepted my calling...afterall, it should be coming from Heavenly Father and not just because I'm free and will say yes to anything! I love all of you you serve, whether its at church or in the community. I know what it means to have a grateful heart-and I am...I'm also just a little bit in shock ;)
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 Friendly Remarks:
Good luck! Being in a student ward, I've never had to serve in the nursery/Primary, but I can imagine how tiring it would be.
I'm sorry, I know just how you feel!
I served in two different nurseries in two different wards for over 2 years, I wanted to cry when we moved and they asked me to be in nursery just two weeks into our new ward. I was finally released when I had Katelynn, but now I teach Relief Society. As exhausting as those kids can be I have never been so stressed as I am now teaching RS, it's very rewarding but man does it make me nervous!
Well, I would be a little irritated too. Seems funny they would move you from sunbeams to nursery...its basically the same thing. I just got called to nursery too, and I was a little bugged. Kinda feels like I am with kids all week long and then I get to go to church and babysit others kids. Oh well...better take me out when I have my baby though, cause I am not taking a newborn in there. Anyways, hang in there...there must be a reason for it.
Post a Comment