Monday, December 1, 2008

'Tis the Tag Season

This was a fun tag. Thanks Alisha! Let me know what y'all think.

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire post and paste into a new post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. 'Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I really like to wrap my gifts in antique looking wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I wish we got a real tree every year, but since we don't have a ton of space...artificial.

3. When do you put up the tree? Whnever we have a little time together in the evening. That way we can put the lights on and see them glow...love it. Plus its cooler in the evenings here in Texas, so we can have a hot cocoa (Mint Chocolate) on the back porch.


4. When do you take the tree down? Depends when I feel like 'cleaning' up.

5. Do you like eggnog? I like the 1% kind mixed with half milk.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I loved the sleds we got one year...they were Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtle sleds. Probably one of the most entertaining gifts as a child. My Dad would pull us being his motorcycle when it would snow a ton.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have one...I really like the Willow Tree nativity set, its so pretty ( I don't have that one though)

8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband Chris--he doesn't give me any ideas

9. Easiest person to buy for? Haha, My husband Chris--he loves everything I buy for him anyways.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember one, seriously.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Santa Clause...all 3 of them. I used to watch the first one every night before I went to bed when I was younger.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I start seeing things that my family would really love.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope. If I didn't like the gift I usually find a place to take it back, or give it to Goodwill before Christmas rolls around again.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandma's Russian "Tea" It isn't really tea at all...it
has cinnamon, cloves, orange, and some other secret stuff...so yummy!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear...they look like little stars.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Breath of Heaven (Mary's Lullaby) by Amy Grant

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet Cupid Donner, Blitzen, and Rudoplh of course. Have you seen the Cadillac commercial where he ays the names of the reindeer as women get in the car...

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Depends. I love this old star my mom had on the 'kids' tree, but she always had an angel which was so beautiful when all the lights were on.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve we open one present (which is our pajamas). The rest are on Christmas morning. When we were little we would wait on the stairs until everyone was up and my mom and dad were ready with the camera. Then we would sort all of the presents, then take turns opening presents in age order. I don't know how we didn't just tear into all of the presents, but it was so fun to see what everyone got...we got so excited for each other.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The rude people at the stores on the weekends.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I change every year, but it usually is white, gold with deep reds and dark greens...I think they feel more vintage and cozy.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I really like Christmas Breakfast...sweet rolls, delish!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I Greg Olsen picture would be awesome.

26. Who are you going to tag for this Christmas questionaire?? All my blogging buddies...this one was fun and I don't know any of the answers to these questions about anyone.

4 Friendly Remarks:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh I love it, it's such a happy fun tag, I will definitely do this one. I was just thinking the other day I havn't done one in a while. I think husbands are so hard to shop for, Eric never gives me any ideas either and I always give him a ton, maybe I should be more like him, I have too many wants ha ha!

Nick and Stacey said...

What a fun tag, I am deffinately going to add this one! It was fun hearing of all your favorites about christmas, what is there not to be happy about right!

Thiago & Teri said...

I will definitely do that one, who doesn't like to talk about what they do for Christmas. Fun to learn all that about you, i am a big fan of Stephens hot choc. too.

Jamie said...

How fun!! I liked learning about your xmas traditions!