Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bitter Berry Sweet


So, I got a new phone. Its called the Blackberry Pearl...and its a yummy red color. Now don't start thinking that I went and actually payed for a new phone at retail price! I was forced to buy a new phone due to uncontrolable {cough}my fault{cough} circumstances. You see...I kind of washed my phone...in our new washer....which really soaks your laundry. Its awesome when you need your clothes actually laundered, not so great when your counting on the middle of the pile being somewhat dry to rescue your phone.
I didn't just toss it in the washer like some may think...although I contemplated it often to rid myself of a cell phone. I had just woken up from a Sunday afternoon nap. So naturally I grabbed my phone to see what time it was. Instead of picking up my phone and setting it back on the side table I left it lying next to my pillow. {Laziness} I promised myself to do laundry, but just didn't feel motivated. Chris and I decided to go over to his parents to eat some steak and potatoes so I figured I might as well toss in a load. I did. Then I went to grab my phone literally no more than 3 minutes later off the bed...WAIT, no phone on the bed! {Panic} Searched all over for the next couple of minutes. {Pause} No! Its in the sheets. I stopped the washer and plunged through all the sopping wet sheets and blankets only to find my poor phone...no sign of life. Chris tried to revive it but no luck...flatlined!
So anywho...yeah for a new phone cost me less than $30! Horray for bargains and a husband to encouraged me to get what I wanted instead of the free Razor phone (I just don't like them, sorry). Sams Club rocks...can't beat the prices. Well, in other news I made the best oven fries last night for dinner and am sad that I ran out of potatos to make more because I don't want to go to the store...too tired {lazy}.

6 Friendly Remarks:

Brea Marie said...

Who is your cell phone carrier? That is one awesome deal! We really badly need new phones.

Eric and Jenny said...

This just makes me so sad the exact same thing just happened to me not long ago. I just bought a brand new phone and I always carry it in my pocket and take it out at the end of the day only I forgot and left it in my pants and of course threw them in the wash, I realized about two minutes later and tried to save it, but no luck. So I had to buy a brand new one just three weeks later, so sad. I still cringe at my stupidness, I am glad I'm not the only one. But I love your new phone, that red color just makes me happy, maybe I need to wash mine again, ha ha!

Tawni said...

What an awesome deal!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh so sad about the phone...we got a brand new camera this summer and I dropped it into a cup of pop and carson's party. It was a goner....made me so mad. On the plus side, your new phone is darling. Love the color!!

Trish said...

Woo hoo! I love my blackberry too! Although I'd really love an I-phone!
Anyway, what kind of washer/dryer did you get? How do you like it? How much did you pay? We need to buy one too!

Bentleys said...

ohhhhhh that is cool looking! I need a new phone but have to wait until Jan to get the awesome rebate! Enjoy your new phone!