Friday, October 3, 2008

General Conference

I am so excited for general conference! In thinking about how I can better prepare for conference I stumbled on this cute idea for those of you who have kids. I just might have my husband do this...sometimes he dozes off (who hasn't at one point or another, I know I'm guilty). I love that we can listen to all of the leaders of the church and come away enlightened and strengthened. I am having my family over for brunch (conference is at 11 am here). Also, I bought a new little notebook to take notes in for the next 4 sessions. I plan on writing like crazy...I have so many questions and so many thoughts that I need answered.

This was interesting. I read something the other day about how we need to focus on the direction of our path to becoming more Christlike...not on the point we are at. They said something to the effect that its okay if were "behind" or not as far along as other people, as long as we are facing the right direction and moving...doesn't matter the pace. I love this! Sometimes I get caught up and find myself looking around at how "far ahead" people are of where I am at. I think I am not reading my scriptures as often as I should, my prayers need more meaning, I should be nicer to that other teachers, etc. But really, at least I am heading in the right direction...one step at a time...becoming more like Him. There is no better example and I am so glad that I have the knowledge that I do about our Savior.

Enjoy General Conference!

3 Friendly Remarks:

Brea Marie said...

Sugardoodle has a bunch of Conference activities as well! My sister sent me tons to print out.

Tawni said...

Thanks for your thoughts! I think we all need to be reminded of that from time to time.

Thiago & Teri said...

Conference was great it always is!! I was just telling Thiago that this is the first year I actually didn't fall asleep at some point. I usually can't help myself their voices are so soothing it just kinda happens. Anyways thanks for sharing that with us....