Saturday, May 3, 2008

Good Find

Okay, last week my hubby was walking our dog Toby around the apartment complex. On their walk Chris found a chair sitting by the curb which looked to be in good condition. When he got home I had just gotten off of work, so he asked if we should go and get it...I told him sure, why not. Chris was pretty excited so I was kind of laughing inside (he is so cute). So we pull up to the curb and there is a leather little recliner sitting there--looks brand new! I couldn't believe that someone would just set this by the curb to be thrown away! Chris is so proud of "his" chair, and now its the only one he will sit in. I have to admit, its really comfortable, plus it was free.

One of Chris' many nights in the chair...next to our GREEN couch, yes, its REALLY green and has wooden antique legs

10 Friendly Remarks:

Eric and Jenny said...

It looks like a great chair and nothing is better than free furniture! Husbands are so cute they get excited about the funniest things. I always find myself humoring Eric about little things.

Myndie said...

WoW! It does look new. Let's just hope there is nothing on the inside of the chair that's broken. Good find!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Wow! I'm always up for a bargain. One time when we were first married and very broke, there was this guy looking for cans in the dumpster of our condo complex. When I was walking past, he asked if I wanted a bike. Someone has tossed a mountain bike in the trash! He was so nice to pull it out for me. It was still in pretty good condition except for a couple of flat tires. Unfortunately, both Nathan's and my bike got stolen in Camarillo. I guess that's what we get for not locking them up... Enjoy the chair!

Aleese and Scott said...

That is pretty amazing don't you just love free stuff!

Matt and Jen said...

Hey Tiffany! That's awesome...free is always good. When we are out at our land cleaning up, sometimes we will find stray building materials from other houses on our street. If Jace finds a piece of tile or something, he just can't understand why we have to throw it away! He says, "But it's good use!"

Tawni said...

That's awesome! It reminds me of the mission (just like everything else :) because sometimes we would bring home street finds - once we even found a full length mirror!

As far as the weight loss thing goes, I've just been trying to eat less and not give in to temptation as much with the sugary stuff. And I do some type of exercise about 5 days a week. Hopefully I can keep going without falling back into my old ways!

Tawni said...

Also, I heard a few weeks ago that fiber helps break down fat, making it easier to burn it off, so I've been trying to eat more fiber.

Thiago & Teri said...

Gotta love a great find...especially when its free!!

Brea Marie said...

My favorite word is FREE! Seriously I love things for free. My husband, Derek works for a rental company. They have 150 appartments and also storage units. When people don't pay their rent or storage fees, eventually the company is entitled to anything left behind. We have gotten a fairly new couch set (love seat, full couch and an ottoman) a cherry wood crib that I swear was never used, an x-box and plenty of other things. I love it when people leave things behind!

Kat said...

OH, Ryan would've thought he'd died and gone to heaven. That's awesome!