So in honor of Fiesta-school was out Friday. This past 3-day weekend I was lucky enough to go to the coast-just Chris and I. We left Thursday night after varsity's last softball game against Clark-I look forward to our drives to the coast. We took the good 'ol truck-loaded with our rods, reels, and bags. I love the snacks we pick up on the way...very random. Chris let me sleep in a bit, so Friday morning we stopped at Donut Palace for some of the greatest kolaches and donut holes ever. Once out on the water we hit Dagger Island and caught 4 fish. Here is Chris with his 25" Trout and I contributed with an equally sized Redfish.

After an afternoon of fishing, we decided to head in for a wonderful dinner at Crab N. You take your own fish and they cook it. We had our grilled, sauteed, and blackened...so yummy. Saturday morning (again, Chris let me sleep) we hit us McDonalds for the world famous Egg McMuffins.We had to pick up some ice, so we stopped at the gas station where Chris handed me a $10 and said "Get anything you'd like..." what a sweetheart. I couldn't resist the grape taffy and chewy sweet tarts. Anywho, we headed over to Dagger, then East Flats where we limited out on the beautiful Redfish pictured below. It was heavy, so I couldn't hold it up as high.
After heading back in we decided to try WaterStreet. Chris had been here the week before with his Dad and oh...my...goodness...so awesome! We started with Oysters on the half-shell. Yum! Then Chris got this special sauce to dip our bread in...Yummer! I had a grilled Tuna Steak-Heaven (or close to). We only had to wait like 10 minutes, which wasn't bad; however, Chris pulled off a fabulous parallel parking job. The week earlier he had to have his Dad parallel park for him. His reasoning was that he has never had to park the truck this way..and in Driver's Ed he had to master a Mustang. Good enough for me. 

While sitting that night after dinner, I told Chris that we needed to prove that we actually came down together, since all of our fishing pictures are by ourselves. So Chris' fancy new phone has a timer and we used it for the first time.
Sunday morning we got up and headed to our favorite little breakfast place. Bakery Cafe is so delish and the specials are like $3 for a plate of yumminess. We cleaned the boat and went back to the apartment to relax until we were ready to drive back to San Antonio.When the time finally arrived to make our way back, we reminded ourselves that we would be back in only 2 weeks. Sweet! We stopped at Van's BBQ and enjoyed a chopped BBQ sandwich...needless to say, we ate a lot of good food on this trip. Now back to reality--at least for a little while.








1 Friendly Remarks:
Wow! Ya'll caught a lot of big fishies!!!
Post a Comment