Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Best Worst Weekend



So...my weekend was full of mixed experiences....good and not so good. We were woken up 45 minutes before the alarm went off {hate that!} which just felt terrible. Chris and I went back to sleep and had a really hard time motivating ourselves to get up. The Helotes Parade was at 9:30 am and we got to Chris' parents house around 8:30 am to eat some tacos that Chris' sister Angela was making. Of course, a visit to the parentals wouldn't be complete without a little drama. I am going to be good and not complain all about that incident.


We headed across the street to experience the parade. Chris' favorite part is when the guys in little cars drive all crazy on the road. Once again, we (Chris and I) are told to take pictures of everyone and make sure we get this and that by Montoya Mom. Anywho...I was a bit disturbed by the end of it all.


When the parade was over, we headed back to the house...and were summoned to go across the street to the neighbors to "show-0ff" the grandkids. On our way over there Chris and I were lectured on how we NEED to tell this lady thank you for helping out at our wedding...about 5 times. {side note: we were married almost 2 years ago and I'd already wrote a thank-you note!} Needless to say, again I was disturbed.




We left for home and I was not the happiest person. I apologized to Chris for not being in the best mood...but he was a little mad at his mom for doing that. We had planned to go to Seaworld, but we took a little nap instead {2 hours}...and decided to head to Houlihans because we had a $10 off coupon. I ate some yummy chicken wraps and drank a Lemonade Mojito (no alcohol, but it had the mint, lime, and lemonade-delish!) I absolutely love the refreshing taste it leaves. Chris had Chicken Parmesean and we shared a Banana White Chocolate Chip dessert. I gave the girl our coupon and she came back and told me it was no longer good--BUMMER!



We then headed to 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine.' I had a $10 gift certificate so I was excited to save a little. Just kidding--there was nothing left on the gift card! I got it from a baby shower as a gift...oops, no balance. Anywho, I just had to laugh...can you believe it?! I loved, loved the movie. I loved spending time with my hubby, but a lot of things went wrong. I was exhausted and went straight to bed when I got home. My poor hubby, but what can I say...sometimes days are a little less full than others...but I need to focus on the more important things in life which were fantastic!


And...I finished reading Eclipse, yet another great read.

4 Friendly Remarks:

Kat said...

Lol, and *I* feel more for you!!! I didn't have to deal with DRAMA :-) So, did I miss that you're going to be working at Holmes???

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thiago & Teri said...

Gotta love the inlaws, they can be very exasperating. Rest of the weekend sounds good, I loved Woverine too, it was a great movie!!

Eric and Jenny said...

I'm sorry this kinda makes me laugh only because I know how frusterating mother in laws can be, I love mine but there are times when she feels the need to tell me my rolls are done raising or my kids bath water is too hot, yeah yeah like I havn't had these kids for awhile now, no burns yet! And that is too bad about the gift cards I hate when something ends up costing me when I had been counting on it being no or little cost, even if it was worth it.