Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lake Georgetown 10-Mile Hike




One of my favorite things...a heart shape cactus :)


This is BEFORE we started
I just had to quickly do a post about our past couple days, as we adventured to Lake Georgetown, Texas. Chris and I started at Camp Tejas (end of a 16 mile hike) and backpacked in (backwards) 5 miles to Camp Sawyer {camped overnight}, then back to the end {sounds so strange}. This was my view most the hike..not bad :)Kinda eerie in some places, gorgeous views in others, yet flat rolling plains too. Our night at camp Sawyer was extremely cold...and the ground was so-o firm and bumpy. Needless to say, we will never camp without a ground pad ever again.
Taken right before we attempted the next photo...
Wow! My legs were feelin' the burn



I have never backpacked in with a tent, food, propane stove, sleeping bag, and all that on my back{Chris carried the heavier stuff...} I really enjoyed spending all this time outdoors with Chris--so quiet and peaceful. We had been debating a trip to the coast or backpacking Lake Georgetown, needless to say we chose backpacking. This was our view from our campsite.
Technically Chris got his fishing in at the Lake, too! We ate awesome Crappie ("Craw-pee") and Bass that night we camped and then the next morning too. Such a provider...delish fish!While hiking the trails we discussed how we both enjoyed the full coverage of trees above--only a small portion of the hike was like this. When even the sun has a hard time finding you, you know your in a peaceful, secluded place.

6 Friendly Remarks:

Thiago & Teri said...

WOW...way to go you guys. I think I would have passed out after the first hour of that hike. You are so cute, and it looks like you had a great time together.

Bentleys said...

What a great thing to do together and I am so impressed!

Jessica said...

Tiff-So fun!! I'm jealous! I wish that I could do stuff like that!

Jon and Jessica said...

I love your pictures. Great job on the hike. We'll have to go sometime, but of course, not without Chris. We would starve if he didn't come. It looks like you guys had fun. Love ya!!

Eric and Jenny said...

You are amazing, I think Eric would fall over dead if I said I wanted to accompany him on something like that. I wish I liked that kind of stuff because it does sound so peaceful, I just can't get over my lazy streak when it comes to hiking. Really I am way impressed!

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

That looks like a lot of work, and a lot of fun! I love camping in Texas.